Your privacy is important to us which is why we will always respect your data and never sell it on to third parties, it is for our use only, during office hours or out of office when pre-arranged with the individual.
Andrew Cowen Estate Agents, Walker Landray Limited and Capitol Property Services are trading names of Andrew Cowen Estate Agents Limited, a registered company whose company number is 3696005, VAT number is 852 9177 96, registered office is 62/63 Westborough, Scarborough, YO11 1TS. The directors are WD & SL Cowen.
You have the right for your data to be forgotten, also known as data erasure. If you would like to stop receiving information from us please e-mail email@example.com or call 01723 377707.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect certain information or data about you from you only, not from any 3rd party, we may from time to time share information with our sister companies (Walker Landray and Capitol Property Services) due to a sale, rental or maintenance query. The data that we collect will be in the form of:
- Your title, name, address, postcode, telephone number and e-mail address. These will be used to arrange appointments, market appraisals, tenancy agreements and gaining feedback.
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your contact details such as name, personal or work-related email address if you contact us online via our website or where you call us or visit us directly in the office.
- Your email address and property matching preferences when you sign up to our email property alerts.
We will never ask you to provide any ‘Special Categories of Personal Data’ when using the Website. This means information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, and data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation. We do not consider any of this information relevant to what we do via the Website.
WHY WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION
Andrew Cowen Estate Agents collect and use your personal data, so that we can:
– Contact you;
– Register you to receive our services and provide you with our services;
– Analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you;
– Reply to any requests for information that you ask us for;
– Clarify any particular query;
– Resolve any problems with services that we may supply to you;
– Manage your account;
– Supply details of any product or service that we believe may meet your needs;
– Cross check any information that we receive with that held on our database; and
– Serve marketing information or updates about market conditions on a regular basis which we feel would be of interest or use to you.
HOW WE MAY USE THIS INFORMATION:
We primarily use your information in order to provide our services to you which include the following:
– Helping you to sell your property
– Helping you to buy a property
– Helping you let your property
– Helping you rent a property
– Providing Valuations, probate valuations and market appraisals
– Providing bespoke property searches;
– To store your data to pre-populate fields to make it easier for you to provide information when you return to the website;
– To communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You will be able to opt-out of such communications at any time by contacting us by e-mail, phone, or in person to confirm you would like to opt-out.
– To validate your information (and in some cases match it against information that has been collected by other members of our office)
– To comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject;
– Providing strategic advice in relation to a number of property matters
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Andrew Cowen Estate Agents will share your data with the following category of recipients:
– Financial advisors if you require assistance in this matter
– Cleaning companies to provide quotes for works that may need doing
– Contractors to inspect a property and provide quotes for any works that need to be carried out
– Various contractors who require your information to carry out a service which will aid in the sale or let of your property such as electrical inspectors, gas engineers, photographers, EPC providers, cleaners, police etc;.
At certain times we may ask our clients to provide online testimonials or reviews about the service they have received from us, these are fully optional and down to the individual to provide if they would like to. At certain times these testimonials or reviews are used for other online or print marketing purposes; we protect our clients’ identity by ensuring that actual names are not provided in the reviews.
At times, we pass on ‘non-personally identifiable information’ to third parties in order to collect statistical data for the purposes of online retargeting.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Andrew Cowen Estate Agents will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was initially gathered, and in line with any further choices you have indicated about how we should handle your Personal Data. This includes retaining it in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and in case of legal claims.
The criteria we use to determine data retention periods for your Personal Data includes the following:
– retention in case of queries – for example, where you contact us to receive further information about a property that we have listed
– retention in case of claims – for the period in which you might legally bring claims against us
– retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements – after your agreement with us has come to an end
– retention in relation to (repeat) purchase cycles in the property industry
– to stay in touch about your property requirements on an ongoing basis, where you have selected to receive these.
THIRD PARTY SITES
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING AND PROFILING
Andrew Cowen Estate Agents does not employ the use of profiling or automated decision making.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
Your rights are as follows:
– the right to be informed about your Processing of your Personal Data;
– the right to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
– the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data;
– the right to restrict Processing of your Personal Data;
– the right to have your Personal Data erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
– the right to request access to your Personal Information and to obtain information about how we process it;
– the right to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data (“Data Portability”)
Where you have provided your consent for us to contact you, you are free at any time to withdraw your consent. To do this you will need to contact us by telephone, e-mail, writing, or in person in the office. Please note that if you do withdraw your consent, it may mean that you cannot receive marketing communications or property updates.
If you wish to change the information that we hold for you, please contact us.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database either permanently or temporarily, please advise the office. Your information will be removed as soon as is practically possible.